Clinical Research Study for those suffering from tophaceous gout.
If you suffer from tophaceous gout may qualify for a clinical research study.
- Gout is a very common form of inflammatory arthritis.
- Gout is caused by chronically elevated uric acid and can result in urate crystals forming in and around the joints.
- The masses of these crystals at the joints can form tophi and often looking like swollen nodules
About the Clinical Research Study:
Study participants who qualify will receive at NO COST:
- Outpatient, study-related care that includes a CT scan of the tophi on the hands, feet, or knees where applicable.
- Compensation for study-related time and reimbursement for travel.
If you are interested in taking part in this study, we are searching for people who:
- Are 18 to 75 years of age
- Have a history of gout and have at least one tophi located on the hands/wrists and/or feet/ankles.
*There are other criteria that you will need to meet to qualify, which the study team will discuss with you.